Monday, September 1, 2008

Rustic Branches fun!!!

Greetings and salutations!

My friend Pine (Heather Nichols) just debuted her brand new and first ever STAMP SET, Rustic Branches, via Papertrey Ink!!! I was lucky enough to be with Pine at a retreat on the night of the big reveal - HOW EXCITING! She was so happy, as were all of us there to celebrate this amazing occasion with her! I was also lucky enough to GET THE SET!!!

So I sat down last night and had to play with it for the first time. I didn't do the set justice - it is truly a beautiful, elegant, and versatile set. I used Papertrey white cardstock - I love working with it! The rest of the cardstock colors are Stampin' Up! - Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, and Ruby Red. I stamped the sentiment on twill. I also used a spica glitter pen that you can get from Eclectic Paperie.

It's been a lazy weekend so far! Tomorrow is the holiday and we are planning on going to a pond that has been made to resemble a beach, has a playground, etc., with some friends. Looking forward to some time out and a nice picnic lunch!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

7 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

Hoots, this is AWESOME! I love that it looks like an ornament!!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Wonderful Card - I love it when you stamp ! :)

Avril said...

Gorgeous! AND adorable!!! I've been seeing this stamp set else where (can't remember exactly where) and LOVED it at first sight! How fun to find out your connection to it.
And yes, I have to agree with Stefanie S. - I love it when you stamp!!!!!
~avril

Elena said...

I really like your card! It's beautiful! This stamp set is gorgeous!

Pam said...

Ohhhhh, I LOVE this Hooty! I'm going to get both of Piney's sets on the 15th, WOOHOO!

reeree62 said...

Heather, I love this card. That set is so nice, isn't it?
Hope all is well with you!

Debbi said...

This is adorable! I love how you used it - I feel a case alert coming on!!