Friday, August 7, 2009

Spotlight on Back 2 School

If you are looking for the BLOG CANDY and BLOG HOP, click HERE! :)

A quick and heartfelt HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my son Tyler, who turns 7 today! I LOVE YOU TY!


Yes - it is that time ALREADY that we are thinking about going BACK 2 SCHOOL! When people talk about it, you get one of two reactions.

Reaction 1 - parents - WOOHOOOO - it's back to SCHOOOOOOL!!!!
or
Reaction 2 - teachers - TEARS!!!! (and perhaps a wee bit of denial)

My Mom was a teacher - and every year she and her best friend (also a teacher) would call each other starting in the beginning of August and say "can you hear me crying already?".

Well, being a parent, I am in the "woohooo" category. NOT because I don't love my kids. But, well, I get sick of hearing "I'm bored." Man - kids don't appreciate that they ARE kids - and parents wish we could just play all day long. LOL

Anyway - I have a card here for you using the stamp set Back 2 School by Our Craft Lounge. It is an easy set to use, doesn't require much coloring (though I DO love to color), and can easily be used in scrapbooking. I think that ability to easily use it in any paper crafting avenue really makes the set extremely versatile.

I went with a black card base and just let the colors pop. I used my Die Cuts With a View stack "The Grade School Stack" - it is so fun and colorful! I based my card on the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge - SC240. It was a very fun and easy sketch to use.

I hope you enjoy today's card. If you want to see any of my other Spotlight of the Week cards, visit HERE.

Hope you have a fabulous Friday!

No comments: