Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Irish Blessings

Hi there! Happy Wednesday! Is the sun shining? It is here - and making me smile. Spring is coming - it HAS to be. LOL

So today I have two cards I made with the stamp set Irish Blessings by Our Craft Lounge. With a name like Heather McNally, you'd *think* I was Irish - but I'm not. My husband is, however. He's got the red(dish) hair and freckles to prove it!

The first card design just kind of popped into my head. Now THAT is something for me - I usually sit and think, think, think - and eventually just start playing. But this one just screamed out. I absolutely LOOOOOVE my Cuttlebug embossing folders! I wanted the card to have a fresh feeling, so I used mostly white with touches of green and gold. Oh - the gold - do you see the SPAHKLE (my Boston speak)?? It is the atyou Spica Glitter Pens - I *adore* them!

On the next card, I also used my atyou Spica Glitter Pens. I mean, you can't have GOLD that doesn't SPAHKLE!! I got out my Versamark so I could create a background on the Garden Green cardstock. I think it is so much fun creating my own backgrounds. I had a lot of fun playing with Nestabilities for this card. Adding a little black to the card really made it POP! Top it off with a button and call it a day! :)

I really had a lot of fun coloring these images. I am learning more as I play with my Copics. Looking forward to taking the Copic Certification Class in March to learn more. :)

All colored cardstock is Stampin' Up!
White cardstock is Neenah Classic Solar White.

Hope you all have a beautiful day!!

3 comments:

Memories of Time said...

LOVE these HAM... you rocked those sets babe! ;)

Kendra said...

Oh fun! Great cards girly! I'm not Irish either, but I live near Notre Dame, so it's a pretty popular holiday in northern Indiana!

Kylah Marro said...

Oh I LOVE these cards!!! Great job!