Friday, June 26, 2009

Some grad fun

Happy FRIDAY!!!!! I can't believe that it is the end of another week and almost the end of JUNE! Where is the time going? In Massachusetts, we have NOT had summer yet. The entire month of June was overcast and rainy - which is very unusual. The weather reporter said that we haven't had a single day of full sun. So here's hoping that July brings some sun our way!

Speaking of the ending of June - school ended! My son's last day of 1st grade was only on June 19th. And there were plenty of graduations. So today, I have 2 graduation cards that I had made to show you.


First was a simple and fun card - and I used it in a class I taught. I love using one color with black. The color just pops! So here I used Tempting Turquoise (by Stampin' Up!). I used the stamp set School's Out by Our Craft Lounge. To add some texture and interest, I used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder on the top portion of the turquoise layer. Do you have that folder? IF NOT - RUUUUN TO ECLECTIC PAPERIE AND GET IT - you'll NEVER regret that purchase! :) To add a little dimension to the diploma, I glued on a bauble. Using some liquid glue (instead of a glue dot) really popped the color through the bauble.



The second project I have to share is a graduation gift card holder. Again I decided to go with one color and the black. Oooh - I love using red and black together! I got this idea from my friend Pine - she posted her gift card holder here. You can also see more information and a link to a tutorial here.



Once again, I used the stamp set School's Out by Our Craft Lounge. I stamped the mortar board on the red cardstock in Versamark so that I would have a subtle background. For the main image on the front, I stamped the mortar board once on the white circle and a second time on a scrap piece of white and cut out the top part to pop it off. I poked some holes and used some black hemp for the tassel - and then added some Rockstar Red Crafty Sparkles by Our Craft Lounge - ooooh how I love adding some GLITTAH! Add the sentiment and some brads - and VOILA - a card and a gift card holder for that special grad in your life.



This stamp set is AWESOME for some quick and fun cards - but also PERFECT for scrapbooking! The stamps create crisp images - and quickly!

I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What wonderful graduation cards! Awesome!